Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sadie the Ballerina!

Mommy teaching Sadie "first position"
Sadie is the one without the skirt

With Miss Trish at the "Teacher Barre"








OK, so if you know me at all you know that I almost couldn't wait until Sadie turned 3 to put her in dance class. I was definitely more excited than Sadie was, but she thought the leotard, tights, tap and ballet shoes were pretty "cool" (as she has been saying lately.) What makes it even more fun is that she gets to take dance class with Miss Trish. Possibly the sweetest woman ever put on this planet. She taught Dana and I as well, which makes it so special. She is in her eighties, but very spry. She has a helper teacher now, but she was right in there getting up and down off the floor with the little girls (and one wild boy who ran around the room the whole time.) On the first day, Sadie learned to tap her toes and heels and march in her tap shoes., after her initial hesitation where she sat in my lap for the first 5 mintues. Then, they changed into ballet shoes and did a "princess dance" with mood-setting twinkle lights and wands. If that didn't sell her, I don't know what will. Next time I won't get to stay and watch, so here are a few pics of the first day.

No comments: