Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fruits of Summer

Sometimes I feel like the stories I tell on this blog sound a little like bragging, but honestly I am more surprised than anyone when things like this next one happen. We just got back from Central Market, where I dragged both kids to get milk and a couple of other essentials. I usually avoid going to the grocery store in the heat of the day with both kids, but these were desparate times. So, I strapped Cashion into the Ergo and buckled Sadie into the cart and off we went. Sadie has always loved vegetables, beans, and fruit. I never had to push her to eat them. In fact, she will eat broccoli before she eats pizza, hot dogs or mac and cheese, when given the choice. So, we were walking through the produce section and she got so excited. She started picking out things to put in the cart. "Broccoli, let's get that!" "Yellow peppers, can we get some?" "Can I try a tomato?" "We need blackberries." She even picked out the multi-colored heirloom tomato pack and asked for some when she got home. She chose a mango, even though I have never bought one before. We didn't need this much produce since we will be at the lake this weekend, but I didn't want to say "no." So, we bought a little of everything and I will parcel it out over the next few days. I wonder if she will be a vegetarian someday.

No comments: