Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sadie's 3rd Birthday Luau



Sadie is 3. How did that happen? It didn't really hit me until her party. I think I had been so wrapped up in the planning that I didn't realize the impact it was having on me. She is definitely a little girl, no baby left in her at all.
The luau was fun, but hot. We had a heat index of 100-105 that day. Thanks to everyone who braved the heat and came on over. The kids had fun splashing in the pool and playing on the playscape (a big thank you to Nana, Bebe and Papa for Sadie's BIG gift). It was a little crazy, but at least it was contained to the backyard.
I made Paula Dean's pineapple upside-down cake and it was delicious, if I do say so myself. I will definitely make it again. I loved putting the marachino cherries in the pineapple rings, so kitchy.

Bebe made the tropical cupcakes and we had Hawaiian Punch for the kids, Wailua soda and Pina Coladas for the adults. There was a lot of sugar going on.Cashion donned his surf gear and straw fedora for the occasion (pictured below with cousin Amy).Sadie had a pink grass skirt with matching lei accessories, though she added a princess crown for good measure. The Ariel Barbie was her favorite gift. Happy birthday, Sadie. You'll always be our baby girl no matter how big you get.

No comments: