Sunday, April 11, 2010

Not quite 3


Sadie is 2 for a couple more months and I am holding on to this because I can't wrap my mind around 3 years old yet. Here is a little sampling of the conversations we are having lately:
  • Sadie says "Look red and white balloons...like cherry and coconut" (she relates colors to jelly bean flavors)
  • Daddy says "6 more bites" at dinner and Sadie says "No, seven." (she counts past 30 now, still skipping sixteen, but doesn't understand which is more or less.)
  • Shortening everyone's name, Mommy to Mom, Daddy to Dad, Maggie to Mag, Bebe to Beeb and Papa became Poppy or Pop.
  • I told her she couldn't wear lip gloss in public until she was grown up. She agreed and informed me that she would be grown up when she is 4.

There are many more that I am forgetting. She is a riot and never forgets ANYTHING we say. I guess she is keeping us honest.

No comments: