Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Waco Zoo

Weeks ago we woke up on a Saturday morning and were watching Jack Hanna when Sadie said she wanted to go to the zoo. I had heard that the Waco Zoo was great, so we packed up and headed out. It more than lived up to our expectations. It was lush and green and the animals were active and accessible. The picture above is Sadie sliding down the otter slide. She hesitated as she slid down and it looked like she was going to get wet.
This was the closest to a giraffe I have ever gotten. So cool!

There were lots of little play areas for the kids (and kids at heart).


The orangutan was part of a new exhibit that had just opened. I wish I had been quicker with the video camera because when we walked up he raised his arms to stretch and Sadie mimicked him. So cute. We will definitely go back.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate won't put it down!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com